Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I GOT YOUR ANSWER THE ONLY THING IS IF I NEED ALL THE DOCS

Customer Question

HI, I GOT YOUR ANSWER THE ONLY THING IS IF I NEED ALL THE DOCS YOU MENTIONED, THE US PROOF IS HARDER, I CAN GET THE REST, ALSO IF THE BENEFITS FOR THEM, ARE THEY RETROACTIVE?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

...

I added this to the other question, but the social security folks are very good at helping you run down what you need ... and sometimes, depending on what you DO have every single piece isn't needed.

...

So, as I mentioned on the other question. Don't wait to file .. go the local office, give them what you have, and sometimes they can order the other items for you.

...

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Hi, forgot to address the retroactive benefits.

...

There WOULD BE retroactive benefits, although they will only go back for 6 months in a case like this.

...

If they were disables and there were a disability claim that went on for a couple of years (fairly typical) they will pay all the way back to the date the disability claim was filed

...

But where people simply don't file for an auxiliary benefit such as this they WILL go back six months.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

Thank you,

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane