How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3427
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been drawing ss from my deceased husband since 2013.

Customer Question

I have been drawing ss from my deceased husband since 2013. I am now 67 and would like to check to see if I can draw more on my own ss than drawing from him. can you help?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 4 months ago.

You would need to calculate your expected benefits.

Do do that - you would need to know your earning record.

A list of years you worked and paid social security taxes and amounts paid for each year.

Related Social Security Questions