emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

I retired from JCPenneys about 10 years ago and have worked

Customer Question

I retired from JCPenneys about 10 years ago and have worked off and on most of the time for other companies since then, 8 of those for years for Sodexo school lunch program . working 20to25 hours a week. I have been collecting SSN during that time . Will I get any SSN from Sodexo now that I am retiring from them, will increase my income from my SSN ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your social security benefits are calculated on your 35 best earnings years, not how much you actually contribute to social security. So unless your last 8 years were high earning years, your benefits will not change. If you collect benefits and work at the same time, SSA automatically adjust your benefits if your earning in that year are high enough to actually make a difference.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, thank you

You're welcome.

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.