Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

I am wondering if there is a site that i can make my monthly

Customer Question

I am wondering if there is a site that i can make my monthly payment to social security online for an overpayment in Massachusetts. I was overpaid my disability
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are still receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), 10 percent of the maximum federal benefit rate will be withheld each month. If you cannot afford this, you may ask that less be taken from your benefit, or you may ask to pay back the overpayment at a rate greater than 10 percent. If you no longer receive SSI, but you do receive Social Security, you can pay back your SSI overpayment by having up to 10 percent of your monthly Social Security benefit withheld.

Unfortunately, you cannot make repayments online.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,