dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

The social security office neglected to forward our reason

Customer Question

The social security office neglected to forward our reason for late application for hearing. It has now been sent to appeals they are still denying the right for hearing what can we do?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

OK, I think you are saying that it has NOW been sent to the late hearing request decisionmaker for the decision,and that decision maker (ODAR), is denying you the waiver for being late, is that correct? I.e. they are not finding the "good cause" you submitted to be "good cause" sufficient for justifying breaching the deadline?