emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

If I Die what benefits would my wife recieve

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your spouse will be eligible for survivor benefits which will be between 75 - 100% of your benefits. How much it will depends on her age and when she applied for her benefits. If she didn't or will not apply for her benefits until her full retirement age she will be eligible for 100% of your benefits. To be eligible for the full 100% she will have to wait until her full retirement age to apply for any benefits, including her own.

That being said, she will only be able to collect one type of benefits at the time. She will get higher of her own or survivor benefits.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.