Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

THE IRS IS KEEPING ON MY CASE ABOUT SAYING I OWE THEM MONEY.

Customer Question

tHE IRS IS KEEPING ON MY CASE ABOUT SAYING I OWE THEM MONEY. I HAVEN'T HAD AN INCOME FOR 20 SOMETHING YEARS CAUSE I GOT SICK AND ENDED LIVING WITH MY KIDS AND STARTED TAKING CARE OF MY GRANDKIDS. I HADN'T HEARD FROM THEM FOR A LOT OF YEARS BUT NOW MY DECEASED HUSBANDS SOCIAL SECURITY STARTED COMING AND THEN THE IRS STARTED TAKING OUT 245. EA MOS AND THAT ONLY LEAVES ME RENT MONEY. I NEED TO HELP MY KIDS PAY BILLS AS THINGS ARE VERY TIGHT. ALSO I GOT HURT AGAIN AND HAVE BEEN REALLLY LAID UP FOR THE PAST 3YRS. WITH OPERATIONS AND ALL. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO HIRE A LAWYER. SO WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.
You need to file an Offer in Compromise with IRS and request for this debt to be forgiven or reduced. Click on the link below for more information on Offer in Compromise: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/offer-in-compromise-1 Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.