Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

Can I get an income from SS due to my disability with my

Customer Question

Can I get an income from SS due to my disability with my Epilepsy?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
If your epilepsy has severe repercussions on your functioning (medically documented) such that it prevents you from being able to perform the necessary tasks for any and all occupations, it is certainly possible that you could succeed in proving that you are indeed disabled by epilepsy. Or, if your epilepsy is reasonably controlled, and not disabling in and of itself, but you have other impairments that may be quite limiting, those impairments combined with the lesser limitations from the epilepsy (or effects of medications/treatments) could also establish an inability to fulfill the duties/tasks of full time work - even simple sedentary work. So, you see, the diagnosis alone does not establish being "SS disabled" - but it is the effects on your capacities to perform work related activities and ability to do so full time, that matters.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!