lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Im retired now when i went to the ss office before my

Customer Question

Im retired now when i went to the ss office before my retirement i ask the person there that i was a veteran if i had other benefits and he said no but now i found that if you served between 1957 to 2001 you do i served from 1966 to 1968 please advice
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 11 months ago.
Service in 1957 Through 1977 -- You are credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 11 months ago.
If your active military service occurred From 1957 through 1967, the SSA should add the extra credits to your record when you apply for Social Security benefits.From 1968 through 2001, you do not need to do anything to receive these extra credits. The credits were automatically added to your record.After 2001, there are no special extra earnings credits for military service.Let me know if that answered your question.