Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My daughter receives death benifits grandaughter. She is a

Customer Question

My daughter receives death benifits for my grandaughter. She is a drug addict living off of my grandaughters check. My Grandaughter is suffering. Dirty clothes and often shows up here hungry. I am a Grandmother on disability. Can i get her help before i die of anxiety?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
you can. You can go to local office of Social Security Administration and apply to be your granddaughter's Representative Payee and have the benefits paid to you so that you can use the benefits to take care of your granddaughter. For more information on Representative Payee Program, click on the link below: Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.