dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am receiving SSI and receiving $733 monthly. How can I go

Customer Question

I am receiving SSI and receiving $733 monthly. How can I go about getting more per month? Please let me know. Shirley
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
Hi Shirley and welcome to our site!To qualify for social security benefits - the person must have 40 credits - means - he/she must work in the US at least 10 years.However as your father has never worked in US - he may not qualify for social security benefits.Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; andIt provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.See herehttps://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/SSI.htmlMaximum Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment amounts increase with the cost-of-living increases that apply to Social Security benefits. This year there is no COLA, so there will be no increase in SSI payment amounts in 2016. The monthly maximum Federal amounts for 2016 are $733 for an eligible individual and $1,100 for an eligible individual with an eligible spouse.Payment reduction - The monthly amount is reduced by subtracting monthly countable income.Unfortunately that amount may not be increased as you already getting the maximum SSI benefits.However - you might want to look for other mean tested benefits - such as housing assistance, food stamps, energy bill assistance, etc.Sorry if you expected differently.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks for the information but that didn't help at all.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
Please understand me correctly - my role is to answer your questions.I am doing that the best way I can - but I would not be able to resolve all issues in the word - and would not able to resolve your issues - that would be incorrect expectations...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well Lev, I already knew that answer. Please cancel this program $32 a month is a rip-off. I already filed a dispute with Paypal. Thank you, Shirley
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
Hi Shirley,as you might know - experts do not have access to your account.Please communicate with customer service all payment issues..