Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I sent in form (provided by SS) 1/19/16 to cancel my Medicare

Customer Question

I sent in form (provided by SS) 1/19/16 to cancel my Medicare Part B benefits. They said it was " scanned in" on Feb 9, 2016. I'm not retired; still work full time. I've called SS multiple times and I'm getting nowhere. In a couple weeks it will be 120 days! Do I need an attorney? Please help! Turned 65 on 3/2015. I'm still getting Medicare bills for part B
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
You do not need an Attorney. However, you need to go to the local office of Social Security Administration to find out what is holding up your request. You need to make sure that you bring the original application with you, just in case. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.