dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I am a heart transplant patient and due to my monthly income

Customer Question

I am a heart transplant patient and due to my monthly income of $1920.00 I do not qualify to get help for my medications. My monthly income is $1920.00 but there is an alimony payment not considered to my exwife that is taxable to her. Who can I see to have this monthly alimony payment deducted from my income and then I would qualify for low income and get help for my medications??????? My #7866025187 or***@******.***
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Good morning, I understand your problem. First, what program have you applied to to get help for your medications? Is is a medicaid program by your state? Different programs have different definitions of income, so first you need to know what they USE as the definition. So let me know. You may need to link me to the page of the program that defines what is income for its purposes, or you can upload for me a paper copy if you wish.