How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3440
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a heart transplant patient and due to my monthly income

Customer Question

I am a heart transplant patient and due to my monthly income of $1920.00 I do not qualify to get help for my medications. My monthly income is $1920.00 but there is an alimony payment not considered to my exwife that is taxable to her. Who can I see to have this monthly alimony payment deducted from my income and then I would qualify for low income and get help for my medications??????? My #7866025187 or***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, I understand your problem. First, what program have you applied to to get help for your medications? Is is a medicaid program by your state? Different programs have different definitions of income, so first you need to know what they USE as the definition. So let me know. You may need to link me to the page of the program that defines what is income for its purposes, or you can upload for me a paper copy if you wish.