dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I signed up in March of 2012 at 62. I have only received 8.5

Customer Question

I signed up in March of 2012 at 62. I have only received 8.5 months of benefits during those 4 years because of the deductions because I kept working. Do I have any recourse to have my benefit recalculated?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Yes, after you reach full retirement age, your benefits will be recalculated and you will get credit for any benefits you didn't receive because of high earnings. SSA: ... Also, as long as you continue to work and receive benefits, we will check your record every year to see whether the additional earnings will increase your monthly benefit. If there is an increase, we will send you a letter telling you of your new benefit amount.In addition, after you reach full retirement age, we will recalculate your benefit amount to give you credit for any months in which you did not receive a benefit because of your earnings. We will send you a letter telling you about any increase in your benefit amount.... https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/whileworking2.html