Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am a US Navy veteran who is disabled. Thankfully I get social

Customer Question

I am a US Navy veteran who is disabled. Thankfully I get social security too. I got a note in the mail from the social security office that reads I will be getting a payment "soon." When exactly is that?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
Hi,...Given the cutbacks of the last sevearl years and resource shortages at SSA over the last several years, that's a very open-ended question. (Hard to know)...In my 30 years experience in helping clients with Social Security, however, soon, in these notices, (even today) means a few days (not weeks)....By calling 1-***-***-****, you can use their automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day....But for this, LIKELY, you cannot handle your business through the automated services, bot one of the options is to speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday....(Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday)...
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
I hope this has helped....Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit”)…I receive no crediting at all unless you rate in this way....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986