dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My name is***** live at 130 Oak Creek Road in Dallesport

Customer Question

My name is***** live at 130 Oak Creek Road in Dallesport Washington, 98617. I get Social Security, 100% VA disability. I worked at Wah Chang Zirconium in Albany, Oregon and get a small retirement from that company. I also worked at a Aluminum plant along the Columbia River south of Goldendale Washington and receive a small retirement from there also.
My wife, Ethel Hoeye, was a school teacher at Lyle School District, in Lyle Washington starting in 1974 and retired in 2013. She was 62 when she retired from teaching. She was also 62 when she started Social Security.
Our question " we keep getting mixed signals from social security about whether we will continue to receive social security payments each month and if it will be the same amount we are getting now "
Thank you for your help,
Dennis and Ethel Hoeye
Dallesport, Washington, 98617
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dennis and Ethel, Can you clarify WHY there "may" be a change in your social security amounts each of you receive? And can you clarify what you mean by "mixed signals" - SSA doesn't usually issue 'signals' but makes outright statements, (often wrong if designed by a mere staffer at the SSA speaking on issues he may not be fully educated/trained on) - but let me know what you mean, OK? I am off shortly to an an appeals obligation in my town, but will check back with you later.