dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I worked 3,5 years in USA.I'm 62 old.But I'll have to back

Customer Question

Hi!I worked 3,5 years in USA.I'm 62 old.But I'll have to back to my country for ever.Can SS give me my money for this years?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. The only way to get money from social security is to qualify for the benefits and you would need to work at least 10 years to qualify for it. Unlike retirement account where you can save for your retirement, social security is deposited into government trust fund that is used to pay current social security benefits for those who qualify. There are no refunds of the withholding if you do not qualify for the benefits.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll lose my money. I'll never come back in USA
Social security is type of insurance plan. You pay while you work and collect when you qualify or when you need it (like social security disability). Your insurance company will not return your premium because you didn't have accident or your house didn't burned down.