dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I am an 85 year old retired school teacher. I own my home.

Customer Question

I am an 85 year old retired school teacher. I own my home. I have two adult sons that are disabled living with me who receive small SS checks. Our income has stayed the same but everything has gone up in price. Am I eligible to receive money to care for my 2 sons in my home?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Depending on the level of disability, you may qualify for Medicare waiver program. You would qualify for the payments if you provide care to individuals who otherwise would require care in a hospital, nursing facility, or intermediate care facility. If your sons needs 24/7 supervision, are bed-bound and otherwise cannot take care of their needs, you would qualify for the payments. Otherwise there are no payments for taking care of your relatives.