dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

Recieved tax defency waiver notice I recieve ssdi and worked

Customer Question

Recieved tax defency waiver notice I recieve ssdi and worked part time. It states I made 1849.00 to much money although I did not recieve a refund and realize the person helping me do my taxes did not give me the correct information which I believe led me to file incorrecrly. I have no problem making payments to correct the amount which they stated I was over paid but should I sign the waiver to give that back so as not to cause any additional problems where my disability checks are concerned since it was in 2014 tax year and my health is declining. I have not worked at all since then but I am affraid not knowing what to do as these ssdi checks are my only source of income. Please tell me am I making the right choice to sign the wavier and the other form 4059. I just want this over with asap what should I do?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Shoul I write a letter as well to explain? I had my cousins daughter with me that I was helping care for but she was not living with me. The person helping me with my taxes told me I could claim her ob my taxes because I financially was helping care for her. Now I know from what Irs says I could not claim her because she lived with her father. I thought because I was working part time for someone else for cashit was in my best intrest to claim the money I made an at the time thought because I financially. was helping my cousin
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Kindly upload the notice you received.