LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I was receiving ssi in the .of $808 later on when I reached

Customer Question

I was receiving ssi in the amt.of $808 later on when I reached 62 they call me to sign for retirement which I got $426 few months later they sent me a letter that the corrected $840 a month is this really ok.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon Ramon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If social security sent you a letter stating that your benefit amount was corrected based on a mistake that they made, then yes that is just fine. It appears that your new benefit amount is going to be $840 per month, based on your facts. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug