lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I lost my wife's form SSA1099 Her name is***** and

Customer Question

I lost my wife's form SSA1099
Her name is***** and her ss # *****###-##-####
W0uld you please advise me of her net brnrfits for 2015
Thank you *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
Hi Howard and welcome to our site!An SSA-1099 is a tax form we mail each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.If you need a replacement form SSA-1099 - there is a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office.Let me kno wif that works for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please provide me with the dollar amount of Ferne g stone's social security benefits
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
I understand your concern - but based on current law and regulations - ONLY the person or his/her legal representative may access that information.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
The SSA will NOT release information from SSA-1099 to me or any other not authorized person.ONLY your wife personally may access such information.I provided above ways for her to access information she needs.Let me know if you were able to resolve your issue?..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.