lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

My brother-in-law is going through a divorce.

Customer Question

My brother-in-law is going through a divorce. He's 91. The opposing lawyer wanted him to obtain his earnings history through SSI on-line. I went on line for him and obtained a form for this. He mailed it to the SSI office in Baltimore by certified mail. He enclosed a check for $56.00. We have their receipt dated March 17. He enclosed a check for $56. We haven't had a response, and his check hasn't been cashed.
His name is Robert ****** ss no. ***-**-**** Robert's lawyer says he needs this info.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 5 months ago.
I assume that you sent a form SSA-7050 - correct?
Expert:  lev-tax replied 5 months ago.
Please allow 120 days to process your request. That is required processing time.Please inform the attorney - that is SSA processing timeIf you already waited 120 days - you may contact the SSA at _1_800_772_1213_ to leave an inquiry regarding your request.