Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I need my ex husband's social security number so I can collect

Customer Question

I need my ex husband's social security number so I can collect part of his monthly amount
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.Unfortunately, Just Answer is not affiliated with Social Security, and we do not have access to your ex-husband's social security number.You can apply for benefits on-line by going to SSA.gov. You can apply on the phone by calling(###) ###-####or you can find your local office by going to SSA.gov and making an appointment. To apply for benefits on your ex-husband’s work record, you will need to know his Social Security number. If you don’t’ know it, you can provide his date and place of birth and his parents’ names.http://www.wiserwomen.org/index.php%3Fid%3D219%26page%3DSocial_Security_and_Divorce:_What_You_Need_to_KnowPlease let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns about this topic. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb