Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I HAVE HUMANA WIFE SHE PASSED AWAY ON MAY4TH 2016 I

Customer Question

i HAVE HUMANA FOR MY WIFE SHE PASSED AWAY ON MAY4TH 2016 I NEED S.S.TO CALL THEM AND TELL THEM SHE HAS PASSED AND TO GET MY MONEY RELEASED TO MY EXECUTOR NICHOLAS Batchelder HER NAME IS***** BATCHELDER AND MY NAME IS***** Nick #(###) ###-#### Mine(###) ###-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.
I am very sorry for your loss.Where is your money now? Doesn't your SS benefits go into YOUR own account?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they told me that it will be sent to my executor as i all ready paid for it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I paided for the year and it usually would go to my ss benefit
Are you speaking about SS or about health insurance? If the latter, I think you are saying you paid for a whole year of Humana coverage for your wife, with the understanding that the pre-paid monthly premiums for the remainder of the year would be returned to you. If you paid the year in advance, then you didn't pay via your SS deductions, but you cut them (Humana) a check. And, if your wife officially paid for those months, then Humana can cut a check to the executor once he presents his letters testamentary, which he likely does not even have yet because your wife died mere days ago. He has to officially be appointed by the probate court in which her estate will be probated - he has to file paperwork as required, pay filing fees, etc. The court will issue him "letters" and he can use them to "gather" her assets, including any refunds owed by Humana.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!
Urgent! There is just one more step needed, so thank you for finishing up! Hello again. It is month end for my little office - Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do eitherof the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being. If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here! Sincerely,Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional