lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I will be turning 66 in August and wish to take my full retirement

Customer Question

I will be turning 66 in August and wish to take my full retirement and continue working, but according to my Section 8 housing I will lose it because I will make too much income. Can I apply for a partial amount of my retirement, and then at age 68 apply for the full amount>?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately - that option - partial social security retirement benefits - is not available...What you may do however - you may delay your social security benefits - and they will grow 8% every year you will delay.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
In additional - when you apply - you may request a lump sum benefits going backward up to 6 months.For instance you may delay benefits till age 66 years and 6 months - and apply retroactively from 66.Let me know if you need clarification this matter.