Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Social Security declared me dead and took my social security

Customer Question

Social Security declared me dead and took my social security for February and March. I went to our local office on about May 5 and they corrected it and said my momey would be back in my account in 3 to 5 days. As of today I do not have it. Can you help me?
Mary L Martin ###-##-####
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.
Mary, May 5 was yesterday. Do you mean April 5?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I do I am sorry
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have been on vacation since the middle of April.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to make sure I get my May social security.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you answer my question? Maybe I don't understand how to get it
Sorry Mary, I had an urgent matter.They have an understaff issue at the local office, and I suspect that the ball got dropped between getting it "corrected back in April" and the next step of scheduling the actual payment. If I were you, I'd go back to the office and ask to speak to a manager. And this time, whoever you end up speaking with, follow your meeting up with a confirming letter, mailed certified RRR, detailing the conversation and the promises, and to call you immediately if your understanding is incorrect. Keep a copy of that tracking and green return card, for your file, should they deny you ever had complaints about not receiving. You can also go to ssa.gov/myaccount and see if you can get in there - that will help confirm if you are still "dead" or not. You can also make any changes to banking info to make sure the right banking info is on file. It is an extremely frustrating and damaging thing when SSA drops the ball at all (such as deciding you were deceased) and then dropping it again when you supposedly have them understanding the first error and agreeing to fix it, then not doing so.
Urgent! There is just one more step needed, so thank you for finishing up! Hello again. It is month end for my little office - Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do eitherof the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being. If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here! Sincerely,Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She did a quick and outstanding Kong for. We have now settled our problem and no longer need. Your help
That is great. If you could just rate with the stars (preferably 5 of them), the company can credit me for my time and effort shared with you. It costs you nothing extra. Thanks!