dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

Recieved a letter 5/3/2016 that should refund this overpayment

Customer Question

recieved a letter 5/3/2016 that should refund this overpayment of $3,420.00 within 30 days. I was wondering how they make an overpayment. I started collecting last year of $918.00 every month. What I'm gonna do or what went wrong?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon Elvira,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. There are a number of ways that an overpayment can be paid unintentionally.1. What benefit have you been receiving? Retirement, disability, survivor benefit?2. In 2015 were you employer and earning income? How much in 2015 did you earn through work?3. What is your present age?Doug