How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 18585
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just submitted info. Proving that I have been diagnosed

Customer Question

I just submitted info. Proving that I have been diagnosed with disability since 1994 and have only been receiving SSDI benefits since 2008. Will Social Security Administration back pay me?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Social Security Administration will only pay you from the date that you submitted your application. They are not going to go back to 1994 to make retroactive payments to you. When you were paid in 2008, you were paid a lump sum retroactive to the date that you applied for benefits. You are not entitled to additional payments. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.