lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

HOw can a receive the 1099 social Security benefit 2015

Customer Question

HOw can a receive the 1099 for my social Security benefit 2015 annual income tax?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 5 months ago.
An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 5 months ago.
For you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.