LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Can passing a physical FAA Airman's Medical Certificate

Customer Question

Can passing a physical for an FAA Airman's Medical Certificate jeopardize your Social Security benefit?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good evening,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Because having a pilot's license has no bearing on whether you are disabled and unable to hold a paying job, no, passing an exam which will allow you to be a licensed private pilot will not interfere with your SSDI benefits----well, unless you have SSDI based on you being blind. That should be an obvious contradiction to qualifying for SSDI though. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug