dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

My name is***** have a son who is mildly mentally retarded

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a son who is mildly mentally retarded along with ADHD along with Autism (Ash-burgers I don't know how to spell it ) He has brain damage due to being born at 4 lbs 1 oz and not breathing till the seventh min in! Now at three all this was determinant-ed handicapped he's been in spcl ed since he began school and received benefits .
Now he turned 18 went for a reevaluation and the psychologists hired said he got his diploma and he did not feel he needed his benefits because he was okay! So i found out Social Security did away with all the documents on his disability in the first place! Suddenly at the word of this psychologist who only spoke thirty minuets to my son has decided he's fully capable to be as a normal person! NOT TRUE My son is 12 year old in a 18 year old body. he reads maybe a third grader level but has no comprehension he plays with toys like strings and pencils he stays away from crowds he is set in his own world. No one knows this that so called state lic. Psychologist has no idea who my son is. The school records show where he was sent home often because he would not be still or stay on task! He Graduated yes from Spcl Ed because no child get left behind . Physically he get worn down easily has asthma and was born with Polytheistic. If they where to test him he would not pass what any Graduated normal high school student is required to know. Lay algebra problems in front of him tell him to work he formula and give you the answers better yet tell him to do multiplication see he knows adding and subtracting yet even though it has to be simple. getting him to chores is a chore my son can't tell you what day it is or how many days are in a week or month for that matter! What is wrong why are they denying him cause they did not read all the history they don;t care he was born this way but conveniently the disposed of the facts and want to proclaim him healed from this disability!
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good morning Valerie,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Has your son been denied SSDI benefits by social security?2. Have you asked for reconsideration or filed an appeal? This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Doug