emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

If you are collecting on your first husband who is deceased

Customer Question

If you are collecting on your first husband who is deceased and he has a pension, can you collect some of this also
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. I am assuming you are referring to social security payments. You can collect one benefits at the time. You cannot collect multiple benefits at the same time. You collect social security based on his work records and social security earnings. You do not collect anything from his pension or based on his pension.
I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.