Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

If you continue to work full time, continue to contribute to

Customer Question

If you continue to work full time, continue to contribute to your social security and collect your benefits at 66, how will this effect your future benefits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. It will only increase it, SS takes into account 35 years of work from you. If you have less then that then a 0 is averaged into your equation and lower income years are replaced by higher income years. If you retire at age 62, your benefit is decreased by 30% at age 66 (or whatever your full retirement age is) you will get 100% of your benefit earned through work and if you retire at age 70.5 (mandatory retirement age), your benefit will be increased with 8% credits per year so if you delay your benefit from 66-70, you would receive an extra increase of 32% to your total benefit. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?