Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

Will social security end already on social sec

Customer Question

Will social security end for seniors already on social security
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Good evening Thomas. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. I can tell you with assurance the answer to that is NO! First, that class of people on SS income represents one of the largest voting blocks in the U.S. and there isn't a politician alive that would even think about ending social security for those currently being paid benefits. Second, even the most extreme proposals don't propose ending SS for those on SS currently or those within 10-15 years of receiving it. All the proposals only deal with trying to create a new system for younger people so the country can transition into something more viable over a long period of time. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!