lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I have been diagnoused with RA throughout my body, have 1

Customer Question

I have been diagnoused with RA throughout my body, have 1 1/2 torn muscels in left shoulder, high blood preshure, fused rt. ankle with rt. leg 1 3/8 " shorter, have a hearing disability of 10% from VA and a weak proprate. Can I draw any SS disability ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
Yes - you may apply for social security disability - please discuss with your doctor.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
You might qualify for disability - if you do - you may start disability social security benefits and if your benefits are below certain level - you may apply for SSI - Supplemental Security Income.However - your first step is to discuss with your doctor if you may be classified as disabled and file an application.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
.Social Security Disability Insurance pays benefits to you and certain members of your family if you are "insured," meaning that you worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes.Supplemental Security Income pays benefits based on financial need..The definition of disability under Social Security is different than other programs. Social Security pays only for total disability. No benefits are payable for partial disability or for short-term disability."Disability" under Social Security is based on your inability to work. We consider you disabled under Social Security rules if:You cannot do work that you did before;We decide that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); andYour disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.This is a strict definition of disability.Questions?