Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986

My husband is retire he drives school bus work at gm

Customer Question

my husband is retire he drives school bus work at gm for 30 yrs. Hes is 61 can he get social security.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: see if u where born be for 1969 can he get before 4-30-16?
JA: I was born in Detroit, United States.
Customer: he was born in flint michigan.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: just want to now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
Hi,...He can start his social security as soon as age 62. The file and suspend rule for married couples, that's changing today likely doesn't affect you if neither is age 66 yet....Last fall, the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 changed the rules to eliminate two popular Social Security claiming strategies for married couples: File-and-Suspend, and Restricted Application...There is one primary difference between the old and the new rules:...If you DO qualify by turning 66 by Apr 29th 2016 and suspend under the old rules, while your benefit is in suspense, spouses and other auxiliaries can still collect benefits based on your work record....if you suspend under the new rules, your spouse will be ineligible to claim spousal benefits while your benefit is in suspense
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
I hope this has helped....Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")...JustAnswer will not credit me for the time and work until you have rated in this way....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.