dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I'm 53 and I keep seeing on the internet that I have till 4/30/2016

Customer Question

I'm 53 and I keep seeing on the internet that I have till 4/30/2016 to increase my SS by $60,000 or lose it forever - is this true or a scam?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. By taking certain steps to adjust how you and your spouse collect socials security (mainly to postpone it until 70) you could possible increase your combined social security by as much as 60k but those calculations are based on ideal conditions in a ideal world. Only very little percentage, if any could truly get it. It is not necessary a scam but very unrealistic and for most people not doable. Basically, social security is eliminating certain SS benefits; file and suspend and spousal benefits. To file and suspend (claim and immediately suspend your benefits until 70) you would have to be at your full retirement age, and calculation to work, your spouse would have to file for her spousal at her full retirement age and wait for her own until 70. The calculation is based on expectation that you wait as long as possible to start collecting your benefits and you are entitled to most of the benefits you could possibly get (meaning you made 100K+ for most of your earning years).
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Personally I don't think my answer was worth $34 dollars, someone else asked it and paid $16
Sorry, I do not have a control over the billing. You will have to contact customer service with about it. I do not see the same what you see on your screen and I am not sure what you signed up for.