Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

I am receiving a SSI in the amount of 365.00, but it is enough

Customer Question

I am receiving a SSI in the amount of 365.00, but it is enough because my wife is seek and she is unemployment from 2012. Our situation is plenty of difficulties. Any way I am studying for Physical Therapy Assistant and I hope to finish this year with an Associate in Physical Therapy Science and I will have work for sure. Meanwhile I would like to know if I have any way to obtain help from any government department. Is it possible or I must do nothing at respect ?. I will appreciate your help in this matter.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No, I hope that with the retirement expert I will find any solution. Any way I appreciate your attention.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
You say YOU are receiving SSI. Do you mean your wife is receiving it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, she is not receiving SSI. I am receiving my retired that I think is a SSI.
Oh, OK! How old are you and how old is your wife?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am 68 years old and she is 55 y/o.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I take long time to answer your question, but I had lose the internet sign.
OK, is the amount you are getting based on your own work record? Or is it welfare? Also, do you as a couple have OTHER income?
And is that 365.00 you are getting, per month? Three hundred sixty five dollars?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The amount I am getting per month is based on my own work record. And we have another income, I have a part time with $1,800.00 a month. We need to pay rent $ 925.00, and other expenses, plus medicines, etc.
OK, so it looks like you didn't work much in a U.S. SS tax paying capacity, ergo the low SS rate. However, if you are now earning 1800/mo where you pay those SS taxes, this can increase! That said, OK, your wife sounds disabled possibly, as you say she can not work. Does she have a work history paying taxes (including SS taxes)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, she have. She was working until 2012, paying taxes every year. And was too, but from 2009 I began with problems in my company and I make a mistake to pay taxes for the company but no with a salary for my self.
Wow, OK, yes, your accountant definitely didn't steer you well. If your wife has worked steadily til 2012, then she is likely eligible to apply for social security disability and prove her case. Has she done so?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, already and we are expecting the court appointment in the coming months. And also I hope to finish my carrier in July and to go for the Physical therapy Board.
OK, well it sounds like you are doing all just right. You don't sound indigent, although things are tight if only $2100/month. That said, other than the SS you are already applying for, the other benefits are more along the welfare line, and those you'd apply for at your local medical assistance office (generally one in every county) - there you can apply for food stamps, medical assistance, utility assistance, etc., IF your income is low enough, which I am not sure it is.If you haven't gotten your wife an SSD attorney, since they cost you nothing out of pocket, I suggest you definitely retain one of us. If you want to discuss that in more detail, the whys, if you don't have one, I will ask that premium services be offered you. Aside from that, Congratulations on your pending completion of your career credentials! Very impressive! And the new career coming your way.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Stephanie, I appreciated your great professional attention. In the future, if we need any professional assistance in the future we will look for your excellent services.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Perez.
You bet and great success to you. Please don't forget to rate with the 5 stars! It costs nothing additional.