Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My mother to abroad and was supposed to come back within

Customer Question

hi my mother to abroad and was supposed to come back within 30 days but my father got very sick and eventually passed away...in abroad,she could not report it social security, now she came back..but she received ssi for that 3 months over stay period..what to do now...how to return that money
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i wanted to call and notify them but they always ask for her...can i do that...and she is schduled to come back soon but i dont want wait for her...i want to notify them...
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.
You can only act for your mother if your mother has appointed you her Personal Representative. Otherwise, you need to wait till your mother comes back to report the death and the overpayment. Social Security Administration would give her specific instructions on how to return the overpayment. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.