dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My grandfather died in 1978. I am doing family search and cannot

Customer Question

My grandfather died in 1978. I am doing family search and cannot find anything on his mother and father. Is there anyway I can get just there names from the form he filed out?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  CFEPro789 replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can provide you some suggestions on how to find out this information.
If you have the death certificate then call the county were they passed away and ask for the probate court. The probate court is what handles the estates of the decedents if they had any assets when they passed away. Within that file there is typically a wealth of information including social security numbers, maiden names, prior addresses, and assets. You might be able to find all of that information within that file.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you for your offer of help, but I'm afraid I am unable to pay at this time. thank you for any trouble I may have caused you.
If there is no probate file, and if you have your grandfather's social security number, you can check to see if you can run a background report on him. Often within those reports you will obtain a lot of the information you are seeking. The information within these reports are gathered from a variety of public record sources. Here is one option:https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/
Ok no problem, best, Joe.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.