Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Between 2010 and 2011 our yearly benefits dropped from

Customer Question

Between 2010 and 2011 our yearly benefits dropped from 25,704 to 21,842. They have recovered gradually since then to 23,361 in 2015. We are still both alive and no change in marital status. Why the drop in benefits and how do we recover?
May I have an appointment to see someone in your Redwood City office to show documents on this situation? Telephone(###) ###-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello: You do not need to make appointment to go into any local office of Social Security Administration. You can go to the local office during service hours. Yes, that is a prudent thing to do: to take all your documents to a local office for review to find out why your payments dropped. This site is not affiliated with Social Security Administration. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.