lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I would like to know what age should I be when I retire to

Customer Question

I would like to know what age should I be when I retire to make the maximum amount of Social Security. I was born in 1957. I'm 59
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
First of all - your full retirement age is 66 and 6 months.You may start your social security benefits as early as 62 - but your benefits would be permanently reduced if you start before reaching your full retirement age.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 7 months ago.
In additional - you may delay your social security benefits - and they will continue to grow up to age 70.The advantage of starting early is that you would receive benefits longer - but the amount of monthly benefits will be less.If you delay - monthly benefit amount will be larger - but will be paid during shorter period..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.