Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need 5 years of payments received from social security for

Customer Question

I need 5 years of payments received from social security for health insurance application!
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.
Hi Karla,...If you'll go here, you can see what services exist for someone receiving benefits: https://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/current.htm...The health insurance underwriters know what you can and cannot get from social security....What MOST want is that "benefit verification letter"...Benefit Verification LetterIf you need proof that you are receiving Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and/or Medicare, or that you are not getting benefits, you can request a benefit verification letter online. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."What is a benefit verification letter? It is an official letter from Social Security that you can use as proof of your:income when you apply for a loan or mortgage;income for assisted housing or other state or local benefits;current Medicare health insurance coverage;retirement status;disability; and/orage.You can select the information you want included in, or left out of, your online benefit verification letter.
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.
I hope this has helped....Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")...JustAnswer will not credit me for the time and work until you have rated in this way....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986