keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT IMUST APPLY BY APRIL 29 2016 TO RECEIVE

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT IMUST APPLY BY APRIL 29 2016 TO RECEIVE A LIFETIME
BENEFIT TO ADD UP TO $60000 TO MY SOCIAL SECURITY DISTRIBUTIONS. I AM 87 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING SS MONTHLY SINCE I WAS 66. MY SS ID IS ###-##-####AND I LIVE IN PRINCETON, NJ. WHAT BENEFIT DO IHAVE TO APPLY FOR BY APR 30TH ? AND WHERE IS YOUR LOCAL OFFICE? THANK YOU
***@******.*** and***@******.***
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry to inform you that no such option is available to you.There has been a lot of mis-information circulating about this date. It has to do with the previously allowed "apply & suspend" rules whereby one individual would apply for their Social Security Benefits at age 66 and then suspend their full retirement benefit and collect their spousal benefit until age 70 and then switch to their own benefit which would be approximately 32% higher at age 70 than age 66. It would not apply to you in any case.Steve G.
Do you have any other follow-up questions?If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive my share of the payment that you have already made.Thanks very much,Steve G.
Questions?