dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I received information that I could apply "to boost my

Customer Question

I received information that I could apply "to boost my monthly Social Security check". I called the 1-***-***-**** and was told to leave my phone number and they would call me back. I did get a call back after more than an hour and as soon as I started to talk I was disconnected.
Since the above option will be discontinued by the end of this week I would hope that I could be able to take advantage of this offer.
Thank you,
Richard *. *****
(###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 12 months ago.
Hi Richard. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. You were most likely disconnected when you said you want to apply for the boost. Media are flooded with tons of incorrect and misleading information and I am sure SSA is currently getting lots phone calls about it.SSA is eliminating couple of its programs, some call it loopholes and you have until end of the month to apply for it to take advantage of it. If you are between 62 and 70, you may be eligible for spousal benefits or file and suspend option if you want your spouse to collect benefits based on your records. That the biggest change everybody is talking about. You can read about the options and who may be eligible here: http://www.fa-mag.com/news/what-the-2016-social-security-changes-mean-25323.html?section=47&page=2
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I already paid $37 and I still don't have an answer to my Question!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is the e-mail I received saying "boost my monthly Social Security check" not true??
Can you see my respond? There's no boost. All you see in media exaggerated. You can increase your benefits by the way you collected IF you qualify for file and suspend (in which case you have to wait until 70 to get your higher benefits) or spousal benefits if your spouse makes significantly more.
There's no lump sum or automatic increase in your benefits to apply for.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
So I guess it cost me $37 to find out that there is no such "boost" in my social security?
I am sorry but that's the truth. You haven't accepted my answer yet so I don't get paid either. You can still request a refund.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I thought I was told an "Expert" would give me a correct answere to my Question for my $37. Since I am not satisfied I think I can get back $35. Is that not true?
You received a correct answer, you just don't like it and that's something I cannot do anything about. Yes you will need to contact customer service about the refund. I do not have any control about the billing.