How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 28081
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm turning 60 in November I am a widow and I want to claim

Customer Question

I'm turning 60 in November I am a widow and I want to claim my late husbands ss but I know my salary will b too high too receive benefits can I do a file and suspend til I'm 62
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
You may file and suspend - but based on your information - there will NOT be any benefits from that action...
Expert:  lev-tax replied 5 months ago.
You may simply apply at age 62 if that what you want.Or you may wait till your full retirement age and apply at that time for full benefits..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Related Social Security Questions