lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I lost my Social Security card and I'm requesting a replacement.

Customer Question

I lost my Social Security card and I'm requesting a replacement. Thank you.
John Henry Hargrove
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
You can get an original Social Security card or a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 5 months ago.
If you cannot apply for a card online, you will need to:Show the required documents. We need to see different documents depending on your citizenship and the type of card you are requesting.Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card; andTake or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.