dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

When my former husband died I went to the S.S. Office in Hackensack

Customer Question

When my former husband died I went to the S.S. Office in Hackensack NJ. I was told that I qualified for widows benefits and was told what I had to do.
I needed a certified copy of my marriage and divorce papers. A death certificate for the DD214 form. I did all of this at a great expense and waited six weeks for everything to reach me and now I get a letter from Social Securtiy that I do not qualify because under the laws of HOSPITAL I do not qualify. It then goes on to say that I have the same rights as a spouse to inherit from Mr.Teich under the laws of HOSPITAL. These statements are contradictorty . I do not understND
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. I am a licensed attorney and I handle social security issues. 1. What is the "laws of HOSPITAL"? I have never heard of such a thing and I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years?Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Let me know as soon as you can.Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea what it is
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
As far as I know, there is absolutely no such thing as the law of HOSPITAL in anything having to so with social security. 1. Are you receiving a pension of any kind from your deceased husband's employer? 2, Are you presently remarried?