LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Can social security collect an over payment from me during

Customer Question

Can social security collect an over payment from me during the time i was not the payee
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was the payee for my son who was collecting Social Security benefits because of his autism now Social Security once to collect Monies that heat that he was overpaid before I became the payee.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for the information. No, Social Security Administration cannot collect the overpayment from you if you were not the Representative Payee during the time the overpayment was accrued. You cannot be penalized for things that happened before you became responsible for his payments. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how do i cancel my subscribtion
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
New professional here. Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.Thanks in advance,Doug