keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

What is this about loosing SS if we do not act. What needs

Customer Question

What is this about loosing SS if we do not act.
What needs to be done to avoid?
I am 57 on disability.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 7 months ago.
If you are on Social Security Disability, those rule changes do not affect you. They have to do with spouses reaching early retirement age before 12/31/2015 who are considering suspending their own retirement benefits until age 70 and collecting their spousal benefit. That option is expiring for younger future retires and there's nothing they can do about it.Steve G.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Stephen G.
This is a crazy world. I appreciate your feedback.
Now I do not have to feel like i missed something that cost me thousands of $$$$'s
Be Safe and continued success.
Michael Polack
Same to you; there is a lot of misleading press out there about this & it has been going on since last December putting people into a panic needlessly, some remained convinced they are missing something despite how many assurances they receive.I'd appreciate it if you would take a minute to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our portion of the payment you've already made.Thanks very much,Steve G.
Thanks for your feedback. However, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.Thanks very much,Steve G.